Lemon Fresh Spaghetti with Garden Sauce & Pumpkin Flowers
- 7 cloves of garlic – chopped
- 2 vine ripe tomatoes – diced
- 1 zucchini – sliced
- 2 dozen pumpkin flowers
- 1/2 lemon – sliced with skin
- Fresh basil leaves
- Canola oil – for frying
- Olive oil
- Fresh Romano cheese – sliced
- 1 egg plus a splash of water
- 1 - 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 lb. of your favorite pasta
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from livingthegourmet.com
For the Zucchini
Heat a large cast iron frying pan with a ¼ inch of canola oil; add the zucchini slices and fry until golden. Do not over crowd the pan. Place the slices on a plate prepared with a paper towel to absorb the excess oil.
For the Pumpkin Flowers
Rinse the flowers with cold water in a colander. Gently pat the flowers dry.
Place the flour in a shallow bowl; in another shallow bowl beat the egg with a splash of water. Dip the flowers first in the flour; then the egg-wash and again in the flour.
Heat the frying pan with a ¼ inch of canola oil and place the prepared flowers in the heated oil. Do not over crowd the pan. Fry until slightly golden; then place the flowers on a plate prepared with a paper towel.
Wipe any crumbs from the frying pan. Heat a frying pan with two or three tablespoons of olive oil.
Add the tomatoes, garlic and lemon slices. Sauté the tomatoes on a medium heat until the tomatoes are soft and a sauce like consistency; add the seasonings to taste and the fresh basil.
Prepare the pasta as the sauce cooks.
Place the pasta in the sauce and toss.
Plate the pasta; garnish with the fried zucchini and the fried flowers. Finish the dish with dashes of red pepper flakes; a drizzle of olive oil and fresh Romano cheese shavings.
You'll also love
- Plum & Rhubarb Cobbler 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Grilled Swordfish with Sautéed... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Honey Orange Glazed Carrots 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Orange Balls 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Cranberry-Pumpkin Waffles 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Zucchini with Rice and Coconut Milk 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Cheesecake... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Coconut-Lemon Crepe Cake 4.4/5 (13 Votes)