Pineapple Blueberry Oat Smoothie
What a healthy way to start the day! Breakfast has never been my favorite meal of the day. Even though I am hungry, I just do not have an appetite early in the morning. With a smoothie like this though, breakfast is something I look forward to. It tastes delicious and it’s healthy; it’s a win-win.
Usually, I soak the oats overnight but my decision to make a smoothie this morning was rather spontaneous. So I soaked the oats for only 30 minutes, and it worked well.
- 1/4 cup regular oats, soaked in 1/4 cup water for about 30 min
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup low fat or fat-free yogurt
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- honey, if desired
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 5mins
Soak the oats in 1/4 cup of water; either you do this overnight or for 30 minutes in the morning.
Add the pineapple and the yogurt into a blender. Blend until the mix becomes somewhat smooth.
Then add the oats (remove any excess liquid) and the frozen blueberries. Mix again.
Taste and adjust sweetness with some honey if necessary. It was sweet enough for my taste without any honey but that’s a question of taste preference and how sweet the fruits are.
You'll also love
- Body Flush and Detox Water 4.2/5 (747 Votes)
- Kool-Aid Ice Cubes in Sprite 4.4/5 (276 Votes)
- Skinny Shake 4.3/5 (113 Votes)
- Acid Reflux Smoothie 4.1/5 (111 Votes)
- Garlic Breadsticks (Pizza Factory) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baby Kale and Baby Spinach Salad 3.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Hidden Valley Ranch 7-Layer Dip 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Oatmeal Cookies with Raisins 0/5 (0 Votes)
Review this recipe