Ginger Beef and Ramen Noodle Soup
- 1 (1-pound) flank steak, trimmed
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 8 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (2-inch) piece ginger, halved lengthwise and smashed
- 3 (2 1/2-inch) strips lime zest, plus 1 tablespoon juice
- 4 packages instant ramen noodles (seasoning packets discarded)
- 5 scallions, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
Adapted from refinery29.com
1. Pat steak dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Heat oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking. Add steak and cook until well browned and temperature registers 125 degrees for medium-rare, six to eight minutes, flipping once. Transfer to cutting board, tent loosely with aluminum foil, and let rest for five minutes. Slice steak in half lengthwise, then slice thin against grain.
2. Meanwhile, bring broth, ginger, and lime zest to boil in Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Remove ginger and lime zest from broth with slotted spoon. Add noodles and cook until tender, about three minutes. Stir in scallions, soy sauce, and lime juice. Ladle noodles and broth into four serving bowls and divide steak and cilantro evenly among bowls. Serve.
You'll also love
- Potato Chip Pie Dough 4.3/5 (22 Votes)
- Cranberry Cupcakes with Cream... 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Stovetop Italian Macaroni 4.3/5 (21 Votes)
- Bacon Chocolate Bark 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Taco Pasta 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Corned Beef 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Ramen Noodles 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Thai Fried Rice Noodles with... 4.1/5 (26 Votes)