CARA’S CRISPY ORANGE CAULIFLOWER. VEGAN GLUTENFREE RECIPE
- For Flour Mixture:
- Crispy Orange Cauliflower Recipe
- Gluten, egg, and dairy-free
- Serves 2
- Adapted by E-how
- 1 small head of cauliflower, cut into small florets (I used a pre-package of cauliflower bought from Trader Joe’s)
- 1 Tb flaxseed meal + 2 Tb water, allow to sit until thickens
- 1/3 c. water
- 1/3 c. corn starch
- 1/4 c. Cara’s gluten-free flour blend
- 1 tsp oil
- Blend all ingredients together until a nice batter is formed (shouldn’t be too thick: think waffle batter consistency).
- While you are doing this, heat up a skillet with 1/2 c. oil on medium/high heat. Make sure it has been properly heated.
- Dip each small floret into the batter and make sure each piece is entirely covered.
- Fry in oil until completely browned. * or Bake at 425 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes. Add more flour to the batter to make it thick if needed
- Allow to drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
Adapted from veganricha.com
For Orange Sauce:
2 Tb oil
3-4 garlic cloves, peeled and zested
6 green onions, thinly sliced
zest of 1 orange + juice of orange
2 Tb soy sauce (gluten-free)
2 Tb rice wine vinegar
In a clean skillet, heat oil and garlic for 1 minute.
Add green onions, zest and juice. Cook another 1 minute.
Add soy sauce and vinegar and bring to a boil. Toss in crispy cauliflower into the skillet and coat thoroughly. Keep on the pan briefly.
Place ontop of rice.
1/4 c. orange juice
1 tsp corn starch
1 tsp brown sugar
In that same skillet, throw in the remainder ingredients and bring to a boil for just 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Drizzle over orange cauliflower and rice.
Garnish with green scallions, orange zest, and sesame seeds.
You'll also love
- Roasted Snap Peas with Shallots 4.8/5 (14 Votes)
- Blueberry-Haskap Berry Pie 4.4/5 (43 Votes)
- Pineapple Rosemary Crush Cocktails 4.8/5 (14 Votes)
- Spaghetti Squash with Gorgonzola,... 4.8/5 (14 Votes)
- Fish Tacos with Lime Sauce 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Cold and Flu Busting Coconut and... 4.7/5 (20 Votes)
- Cheesy Twice Baked Cauliflower 4.7/5 (21 Votes)
- Cauliflower Fried Rice 4.5/5 (34 Votes)