Cheesy Twice Baked Cauliflower
- 1/2 head cauliflower (6-7" diameter)
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp chopped chives
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp salted butter
- 1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 Tbsp bacon bits
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Squeeze moisture out of cauliflower with a kitchen towel or cheese cloth so that it's more the consistency of potatoes before mixing.
- Mix a little olive oil and grated Parmesan cheese. Spread on top and broil until golden brown
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from facebook.com
1. Cook cauliflower until tender (Microwave and cover with NO water added for approximately 6 minutes on high).
2. Preheat oven to 400F.
3. *Process cauliflower until smooth with a food processor. Add yogurt, sour cream, and butter and process until creamy and smooth.
4. Mix remaining ingredients together in a medium bowl.
5. Use cooking spray on 4 seven-ounce ramekins or other small oven-safe dishes and spoon mixture into dishes.
6. Place all small dishes on a cookie sheet for easier handling.
7. Bake for 15 minutes on middle rack and then **broil for a few minutes until top is golden brown.