YELLOW SQUASH CASSEROLE
- 2 pounds of yellow squash (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1 sleeve of Ritz Crackers (about 35 crackers)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add cream of chicken soup
Adapted from facebook.com
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Lightly steam squash and onion in steamer basket* for about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
In medium bowl, combine cracker crumbs and cheese.
In large bowl, add drained squash and onion and gently fold in 1/2 the cracker/cheese mixture.
In a small bowl, whisk together egg and milk, then add to squash mixture.
Melt 1/2 cup of butter. Add half the melted butter to the squash mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
Spread squash mixture into 9 x 13″ baking dish. Top with remaining crackers and pour remaining butter over dish.
Bake at 400 degrees F for 25 minutes until lightly brown.
You'll also love
- Cheesy Yellow Squash Casserole 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Grilled Brussel Sprouts with... 4.4/5 (31 Votes)
- Banana Peanut Butter Cream Pie 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Hawaiian BBQ Pork Wonton Tacos 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Not-Refried Black Beans 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Whole Roasted Carrots with Black... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Onions on George Foreman Grill 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Sweet & Savory Spaghetti Squash 4/5 (1 Votes)