Chiffon Pumpkin Pie with Almond Flour Crust
This pumpkin pie is gluten and dairy free -- and delicious! Just substitute a dairy free whipped topping for the whipping cream.
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon unflavored Knox Gelatin
- 1 (16-ounce) can pure pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (we used Almond Breeze)
- 2/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Liquid stevia extract
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (optional for whipped topping)
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Preheat oven to 325°F. In a medium sized bowl, combine dry ingredients. In a small bowl, combine wet ingredients (make sure to melt the coconut oil before mixing it into the batter- about 40 seconds in the microwave does the trick).
Stir wet ingredients into dry. Pat the dough into a 9.5 inch glass pie dish (This takes a little finesse- I probably took about 10 minutes to smooth out the perfect pie crust. It works very well, you just have to be patient. You want to create an even thin layer, the dough will rise a bit when you bake it.)
Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden. Remove from oven to cool.
In a saucepan, combine gelatin, maple syrup, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, pumpkin, egg yolks, and almond milk. Mix thoroughly. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until it boils. Remove from heat, and chill until set (once the pan is cool enough, you will want to put the filling in the fridge to cool, but be sure to monitor it).
Beat egg whites until stiff and add in a few drops of liquid stevia to sweeten a bit. Once pumpkin has cooled and set in the fridge, remove from fridge and fold pumpkin into the whipped egg whites.
Pour filling into pie crust. Cover pie with plastic wrap and cool in the fridge until set.
An optional topping is to whip heavy cream and sprinkle with cinnamon.
You'll also love
- Honey Apple Cakelets 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Chili-Beer Glazed Steaks Recipe 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pie Breakfast Cake 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Potatoe Soup 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Pecan Lace Cookies 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Blueberry Oatmeal Cookies 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Herbed Zucchini Soup 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Baked Pumpkin Doughnuts with... 4.5/5 (14 Votes)