Raspberry Ribbon Cheesecake
A chocolate cookie crust and homemade raspberry sauce make this Raspberry Ribbon Cheesecake special! Whole raspberries in the topping make it elegant!
- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- RASPBERRY SAUCE:
- 2 1/2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 to 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 160mins
Combine the first three ingredients.
Press into bottom and 1 1/2 inches up the sides of a greased 9 inch spring form pan.
Chill 1 hour or until firm.
In a blender, cover and process raspberries until pureed.
Press through a sieve; discard seeds.
Add water if necessary to measure 1 cup.
In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch.
Stir in raspberry juice; bring to a boil.
Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
Remove from heat.
Stir in lemon juice and set aside.
In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla until smooth.
Add egg whites; beat on low just until blended.
Stir in cream.
Pour half of the filling into prepared crust.
Top with 3/4 cup raspberry sauce. Cover and refrigerate remaining sauce.
Carefully spoon remaining filling over sauce.
Bake at 375°F for 35 to 40 minutes or until center is nearly set.
Remove from oven. Immediately run a knife around pan to loosen crust.
Cool on wire rack 1 hour.
Add orange juice to chilled raspberry sauce; gently fold in raspberries.
Spoon over cheesecake to serve.
You'll also love
- Parmesan Potato Sticks 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Tomato-Basil Bisque-Southern... 4.4/5 (26 Votes)
- Cranberry Chutney 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Pan Seared Talapia with lemon herb... 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Mini Orange Angel Food Cakes 4.3/5 (32 Votes)
- Frozen Strawberry dessert w/alcohol 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Make Ahead Turkey Thanksgiving... 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Galaxy Donuts 4.4/5 (49 Votes)