Hearty Ham & Broccoli Macaroni and Cheese
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped celery
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups (330 mL) Milk
- 1 can (370 mL) 2 % evaporated milk
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups (500 mL) macaroni
- 3 cups (750 mL) small broccoli florets
- 1 cup (250 mL) Black Forest Ham, diced or
- cooked bacon,c
Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C). Butter an 8-cup (2 L) casserole dish.
In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; sauté onion and celery for about 3 min or until lightly golden. Sprinkle with flour; cook stirring for 1 min. Whisk in milk and evaporated milk; cook, stirring for about 5 min or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in Cheddar and Parmesan cheeses, salt and pepper.
Meanwhile in a large pot of boiling water, cook macaroni for 5 min or until almost tender. Add broccoli; cook for 1 min. Drain and add to sauce along with ham (if using); stir to coat. Spread into prepared casserole dish.
In small bowl, combine butter, bread crumbs and Italian seasoning. Sprinkle over macaroni. Bake in preheated oven for about 20 min or until bubbly and golden.
You'll also love
- Cinnamon Swirl Pumpkin Banana Bread 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Rosemary and Garlic Roast Leg of... 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Baked Pasta with Sausage,... 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Gnocchi with... 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- baked ravioli 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Oven-Roasted Chickpeas and... 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Chicken Casserole with Broccoli &... 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Sweetie Pie's Macaroni And Cheese 4.4/5 (13 Votes)