Cheese, Beef & Noodle Casserole
7 points per serving
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3/4 pound ground lean beef (7% fat or less)
- 4 cups hot cooked whole wheat penne
- 2 cups fat-free marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Heat oil in 2-quart flameproof casserole dish over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and pepper flakes; cook, stirring, until onion is softened, about 5 minutes. Add beef and cook, breaking it apart with spoon, until browned, about 10 minutes.
Stir penne, marinara sauce, 1/2 cup of Monterey Jack, and the parsley into beef mixture and spread evenly; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Transfer casserole to oven and bake until cheese is melted and filling is bubbly around edge, about 20 minutes.
Healthy Extra Start your meal off with a torn escarole salad dressed with lemon juice and sprinkled with thinly sliced radishes and the radish tops, chopped, if attached. The tops make a tasty addition to almost any salad.
PER SERVING (about 1 cup): 298 Cal, 8 g Total Fat, 3 g Sat Fat, 0 g Trans Fat, 42 mg Choi, 473 mg Sod, 35 g Garb, 2 g Sugar, 5 g Fib, 22 g Prot, 256 mg Calc.
You'll also love
- Potato and Chop bake. 4.6/5 (40 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin with Chimichurri 4.5/5 (46 Votes)
- Peanut Sauced Veggies and Noodles 4.4/5 (47 Votes)
- Delicious Ground Beef (or Turkey)... 4.5/5 (47 Votes)
- Creamy Stovetop Macaroni and Cheese 4.7/5 (31 Votes)
- SWISS STEAK WITH EGG NOODLES 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Creamy Beef Noodle Bake 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Spicy Thai Beef-Noodle Soup 4.3/5 (6 Votes)