Queso Fundido with Chorizo
Forget processed cheese goop! This queso fundido (melted cheese) dip is made with Cheddar and Muenster cheeses, with spicy Mexican chorizo added.
- 2 poblano chile peppers
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces fresh chorizo, casings removed
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup lager
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese, about 8 ounces
- 2 cups grated muenster cheese, about 8 ounces
- Tortilla chips, for serving
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Preheat the broiler. Put the poblanos on a broiler pan and broil, turning occasionally, until charred all over, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl, cover with a plate and let steam until cool enough to handle, about 10 minutes. Scrape off the charred skin with a paring knife and remove the stems and seeds; chop the peppers and set aside.
Heat the olive oil in an 8- or 9-inch cast-iron skillet over medium heat; add the chorizo and cook, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add the scallions and poblanos and cook until the scallions are wilted, about 2 minutes. Add the flour and cook, stirring to coat, 1 minute.
Add the lager and bring to a boil; cook until thickened, about 1 minute. Add the cheese, a handful at a time, stirring until melted before adding more. Transfer the skillet to the broiler and broil until browned and bubbling, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve with chips.
You'll also love
- Blueberry-Lemon Sorbet 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Maple-Bacon Upside-Down Biscuits 4.2/5 (21 Votes)
- Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies Recipe 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Healthy Fire-Seared Antipasto... 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker BBQ Meatballs Recipe 4.3/5 (21 Votes)
- Vegan Sausage Patties 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Hot Spicy Crab Dip 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Monkey Butter 4/5 (29 Votes)