Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies Recipe
What's better than a chewy oatmeal cookie? Two chewy oatmeal cookies with a fluffy cream sandwiched in-between! These make a perfect mmm-mm good snack.
- 1 1/2 cups shortening
- 2 2/3 cups brown sugar, packed
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 (7-ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 1 to 3 tablespoons 2% milk
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
In a large bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and nutmeg; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in oats.
Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 350°F for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
For filling, in a small bowl, cream the shortening, sugar and marshmallow creme. Add enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Spread filling on the bottom of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies.
You'll also love
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (812 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (737 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.5/5 (674 Votes)
- Impossible Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes 4.5/5 (398 Votes)
- Christmas Pecan Balls 4.6/5 (311 Votes)
- Peanut Butter & Oatmeal Dream Bars... 4.5/5 (197 Votes)
- Reeses Chocolate Peanut Butter... 4.5/5 (181 Votes)