Spanish Omelet with Smoked Salmon
Spanish omelets are traditionally made with potatoes and onion, and this one has smoked salmon for a refreshingly different flavor.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 8 slices smoked salmon
- 1/3 cup mascarpone cheese
- 4 handfuls salad leaves
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet and add the potato. Fry gently, stirring, for 10 minutes, or until browned on all sides and cooked through.
Add the onion to the skillet and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until translucent and soft. Heat broiler to medium.
Whisk the eggs in a bowl together with the dill and some salt and pepper.
Tear the smoked salmon into pieces and add to the skillet. Add the mascarpone in dollops. Using a spatula, pull the mixture into the center of the skillet and level it off.
Pour the eggs over the top and cook for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the omelet is just set.
Put the skillet under the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes to lightly brown the top. Slide the omelet out of the skillet and cut into eight wedges. Arrange a handful of salad leaves on each plate and top with two wedges of the omelet.
You'll also love
- Orange-Ginger Baked Whole Tilapia 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Zuppa di Pesce – Adriatic Fish... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Chicken Breasts with Walnut... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Pulled Pork Sandwiches with... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Easy German Pancakes 4.2/5 (18 Votes)
- Skillet Seared Salmon with Garlic... 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Scrambles Egg Muffins 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Basil, Apple, Cheese & Honey Omelet 4.5/5 (12 Votes)