Blueberry Banana Muffins (Vegan/Sugar-free/Oil-free)
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp. ground flax + 3 tbsp. water - combine and let sit at least 10 min)
- 3 large over-ripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup date sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup unsweetened plant-based milk (all-natural)
- 1 1/2 cups 100% whole grain spelt flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. potassium salt (or omit)
- 1 cup wild blueberries (or regular, frozen or fresh)
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from ahappyfooddance.com
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a muffin tray with 12 muffin cups and set aside (parchment paper muffin cups are the best as they will not stick at all).
2. Combine ingredients for flax egg and set aside (let rest 5 - 10 min, until gelled).
3. Thoroughly mash bananas in a bowl, then add date sugar, applesauce, milk and flax egg. Mix until well-combined.
4. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and potassium salt and mix together thoroughly. Add dry ingredients into wet and stir until just combined. Fold in blueberries.
5. Generously fill 12 lined muffin cups fairly full. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Transfer to cooling rack and allow to cool completely before serving.
You'll also love
- Sausage Bread 4.3/5 (25 Votes)
- Crab Rangoon Dip 4.2/5 (40 Votes)
- Pizza Hut Creamy Garlic Sauce 3.8/5 (358 Votes)
- Potato Pancakes (America's Test... 4.1/5 (57 Votes)
- Avocado & Chipotle Deviled Eggs 4.4/5 (26 Votes)
- Strawberry Cupcakes with... 4.1/5 (47 Votes)
- Double Banana Pudding Cake 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Muffins: Bluberry, Cranberry,... 4.4/5 (27 Votes)