Patriotic Berry Trifle
This beautiful red-white-and blue trifle will turn heads at the next Labor Day or Fourth of July gathering. O say can you see...
- 1/4 cup plus 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 premade angel food cake, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 pound cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cups heavy cream, at room temperature
- 2 pints blueberries
- 2 pints strawberries, hulled and sliced
Preparation time 35mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Heat 1/4 cup sugar, the lemon juice and 1/4 cup water in a saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring, until the sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat and stir in the almond extract.
Brush both sides of each slice of cake with the syrup. Cut the slices into 1-inch cubes.
Beat the remaining 2/3 cup sugar and the cream cheese with a mixer on medium speed until smooth and light. Add the cream and beat on medium-high speed until smooth and the consistency of whipped cream.
Arrange half of the cake cubes in the bottom of a 13-cup trifle dish. Sprinkle evenly with a layer of blueberries. Dollop half of the cream mixture over the blueberries and gently spread. Top with a layer of strawberries. Layer the remaining cake cubes on top of the strawberries, then sprinkle with more blueberries and top with the remaining cream mixture. Finish with the remaining strawberries and blueberries, arranging them in a decorative pattern. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Cake 4.6/5 (28 Votes)
- SALTED CARAMEL APPLE UPSIDE DOWN... 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- strawberry smores 4.7/5 (21 Votes)
Review this recipe