Chocolate Hazelnut Sandwich Cookies
The smell of toasted hazelnuts is one of the most heavenly aromas you can make in a kitchen! Try this recipe and be amazed.
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, toasted
- 1 (16.5-ounce) roll refrigerated sugar cookies
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (13-ounce) jar hazelnut spread with cocoa
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 70mins
Adapted from pillsbury.com
To toast hazelnuts, bake uncovered in ungreased shallow pan in 350°F oven 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown.
Let dough stand at room temperature 10 minutes to soften. Meanwhile, heat oven to 350°F. In food processor with metal blade, process hazelnuts with on/off pulses until finely ground.
In large bowl, stir or knead cookie dough, flour, ground nuts and vanilla until well blended. Divide dough in half. On lightly floured surface, roll each half to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut dough with 2-inch scalloped or round cookie cutter; place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 20 minutes.
To make each sandwich cookie, spread 2 teaspoons hazelnut spread on bottom of 1 cookie. Top with second cookie, bottom side down; gently press cookies together.
Place remaining hazelnut spread in resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag. Cut small tip from corner of bag; drizzle spread over cookies. Store between sheets of waxed paper in tightly covered container.
You'll also love
- Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake 4.7/5 (24 Votes)
- Vegan Alfredo Sauce 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Blueberry Pound Cake 4.3/5 (54 Votes)
- Chewy Candy Corn Nutter Butter Bars 4.6/5 (24 Votes)
- Lemon Sugar Cookie 4.4/5 (41 Votes)
- Chocolate Strawberry Ice Cream... 4.7/5 (17 Votes)
- Pecan Praline Cookies with Brown... 4/5 (72 Votes)
- Peanut Butter-Chocolate Sandwich... 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
Review this recipe