Zucchini Pancake With Blistered String Beans & Yogurt
- 1 pound zucchini, peeled and coarsely grated
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped oregano
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 5 tablespoons chickpea flour
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra as needed
- 3/4 pound green or yellow string beans, ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Juice of 1/2 lemon, plus 1 lemon cut into wedges, for serving
- 1 tablespoon sumac (optional)
- 1/2 cup plain, whole Greek yogurt
Adapted from online.wsj.com
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Make Zucchini Batter:
In a medium bowl, stir together zucchini, eggs, oregano, mint and chickpea flour. Season batter with a pinch each of salt and pepper.
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a medium non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, spoon in ½ cup batter, tilting pan to evenly distribute batter, and cook pancake until exterior is browned, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer pancake to a paper-towel-lined plate. Repeat with remaining batter and extra oil as needed. Transfer pancakes to a baking sheet and bake until heated through, about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, set a large skillet over high heat. Once hot, add string beans and fry until blistered, about 2 minutes. Off heat, season with parsley, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon oil and sumac, if using. Season with salt to taste.
In a small bowl, season yogurt with salt and pepper. Serve beans and yogurt on top of or alongside zucchini pancakes, with lemon wedges for seasoning.