Ancient Grains Stuffed Zucchini
The 2nd place winner in our Engine 2 Food Line Recipe contest is Lauren Vaught. We loved this recipe, not only for the delicious combination of flavor, but also for the beautiful presentation!
- 2 zucchini, sliced lengthwise
- 1 Package Engine 2 Ancient Grains Blend
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen edamame
- 1/2 cup shredded and diced carrots
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh corn kernels
- 1/2 cup diced mushrooms
- 2 tsp. low sodium tamari
- 1 Tbs. chopped almonds or peanuts
- 1/2 cup chopped mango, fresh or frozen
Preheat oven to 350.
Scoop out middle of each zucchini slice, creating a 'ditch' down the center.
Place zucchini cut side down in a pan filled with 1 cup water into 350 degree oven for 12-15 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine the next 7 ingredients in a bowl. Scoop equal amounts into zucchini 'boats'.
Top with chopped mango and almonds.
Bake for another 15-20 minutes to heat through. Enjoy!