Martha Stewart's English Muffin & Ham Breakfast Strata
Stratas are breakfast casseroles that have some sort of bread in them…kind of like a savory bread pudding. They are super convenient for the hostess since you can let them sit overnight and bake them in the morning.
- Cooking spray
- English muffins
- 1/2 pound sliced ham (or Canadian bacon), cut into halves
- 8 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 80mins
Adapted from sabbyinsuburbia.blogspot.com
Prepare 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside. In the dish, alternately arrange muffin halves and meat, overlapping slightly.
Sprinkle with cheddar and Parmesan cheeses. Set aside.
In a large bowl: whisk together eggs, egg whites, milk, sour cream and pepper until combined. Pour over muffin, ham and cheese layers. Cover entire dish tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Bake strata, uncovered, until puffed and set in the center, approximately 60-80 minutes. If strata begins to brown before puffing up, cover loosely with foil to prevent burning.
Let stand 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
You'll also love
- Crock Pot Elk Roast 3.7/5 (250 Votes)
- Ranch Potatoes with Cheese 4.5/5 (153 Votes)
- Banana Crunch Bread 4.5/5 (163 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker BBQ Chicken 4.2/5 (185 Votes)
- Make-Ahead Brunch Cup 4.5/5 (161 Votes)
- Janet's Orange Zucchini Bread 4.1/5 (185 Votes)
- Best Pancakes Ever 4.2/5 (164 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Ham 4.4/5 (133 Votes)
- Buttered Rosemary Rolls 4.6/5 (103 Votes)
- Creamy Jalapeno Popper Dip 4.5/5 (103 Votes)
- Sausage Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers 4.5/5 (62 Votes)
- Chicken Parmesan Meatball Casserole 4.5/5 (63 Votes)
- Cool & Creamy Grape Salad 4.7/5 (27 Votes)
- Egg and Spinach Quiche Cups 4.9/5 (9 Votes)
- Paula Deens Chicken Divan 3.9/5 (109 Votes)
- Cheesy Smoked Sausage & Potato... 4.1/5 (64 Votes)
- Jalapeño Popper Casserole 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Atkins Revolution Rolls 3.8/5 (72 Votes)
- Chateaubriand (Beef Tenderloin) 4.1/5 (20 Votes)
- Crock Pot Brown Sugar Pineapple Ham 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ham, Macaroni and Cheese 4/5 (26 Votes)
- Baked Tilapia and Fresh Spinach 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Beef and Mozzarella Baked Rotini 4/5 (21 Votes)
- 500 Degree Prime Rib 3.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Creamed Chicken and Biscuits -... 3.7/5 (25 Votes)
- Lobster Stuffed Shells 3.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Baked Italian Chicken (Heloise) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mini (4-inch) Chocolate Cake 3.8/5 (22 Votes)