Martha Stewart's English Muffin & Ham Breakfast Strata
Stratas are breakfast casseroles that have some sort of bread in them…kind of like a savory bread pudding. They are super convenient for the hostess since you can let them sit overnight and bake them in the morning.
- Cooking spray
- English muffins
- 1/2 pound sliced ham (or Canadian bacon), cut into halves
- 8 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 80mins
Adapted from sabbyinsuburbia.blogspot.com
Prepare 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside. In the dish, alternately arrange muffin halves and meat, overlapping slightly.
Sprinkle with cheddar and Parmesan cheeses. Set aside.
In a large bowl: whisk together eggs, egg whites, milk, sour cream and pepper until combined. Pour over muffin, ham and cheese layers. Cover entire dish tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Bake strata, uncovered, until puffed and set in the center, approximately 60-80 minutes. If strata begins to brown before puffing up, cover loosely with foil to prevent burning.
Let stand 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
You'll also love
- Crock Pot Elk Roast 3.7/5 (263 Votes)
- Ranch Potatoes with Cheese 4.5/5 (154 Votes)
- Banana Crunch Bread 4.5/5 (166 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker BBQ Chicken 4.1/5 (186 Votes)
- Make-Ahead Brunch Cup 4.5/5 (163 Votes)
- Janet's Orange Zucchini Bread 4/5 (210 Votes)
- Best Pancakes Ever 4.1/5 (184 Votes)
- Buttered Rosemary Rolls 4.6/5 (103 Votes)