Chicken, Spinach & Mushroom Pasta Bake (Paula Deen)
Serves 6-8. Very good. Can make ahead & freeze up to 1 mo.
- 2 T butter
- 6 oz fresh baby spinach
- 8 oz fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 c chopped onion
- 1/4 c all purpose flour
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 16 oz penne pasta
- 3 c shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 (8oz) pkgs fresh mozzarella pearls, drained
- 1 c roasted red pepper (comes in jar) drained & cut in 1/4 in strips
- 1 T Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t ground black pepper
- 1/2 c shredded Parmesan
Preheat oven to 350. Spray 13x9 baking dish with cooking spray. In lg pan, melt butter over med heat. Add spinach; cook, stirring occasionally just until wilted. Remove from pan & set aside.
Add mushrooms & onion to pan; cook stirring frequently, 5 min. Add flour (dissolved in sm amount of water) & cook stirring occasionally, 2 min. Stir in broth & cook stirring often, 15 min until mixture is thickened & bubbly.
Remove from heat & stir in spinach, pasta & next 6 ingredients. Spoon mixture into baking dish & sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake for 30 min. until hot & bubbly.
Recipe can be assembled & frozen up to 1 mo. Let thaw overnight in refrigerator & bake as directed.
You'll also love
- Sweet and Sour Pulled Chicken... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Macaroni & Dried Beef Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ring Macaroni Salad with Baby... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken and Rice by Laura Vitale 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Parmesan Mushrooms 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork Rind Chicken Nuggets 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Artichoke and Spinach... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach Dip (Knorr Leek) 4.2/5 (10 Votes)