Sweet and Sour Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
From Good Cheap Eats
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- sweet hawaiian rolls and barbecue sauce for serving
Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of a 4-quart slow cooker.
In a small bowl combine the soy sauce, sherry, rice vinegar, brown sugar, tomato paste, garlic, and ginger. Pour this mixture over the chicken.
Cover the crock and cook on HIGH for up to 4 hours and on LOW for 6 hours.
The chicken will be very tender and easy to shred. Remove the chicken and shred the meat. Return it to the crock and mix with the juices.
Serve on rolls with barbecue sauce, if desired. Chicken mixture is also good inside a lettuce or napa cabbage wrap.
To freeze: the shredded meat and any sauce can be frozen for a later date. Simply cool and store in an airtight container. Chill completely before freezing. To serve: thaw completely in the refrigerator. Reheat or serve cold.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 4 hour(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12
You'll also love
- Chicken and Rice by Laura Vitale 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Honey Garlic Chicken Wings in the... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork Rind Chicken Nuggets 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tuscan-Style Chicken With Italian... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- The Best 4-Ingredient Chicken... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Foiled-Baked Asian Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Flame Broiler Chicken Teriyaki 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Artichoke and Chicken Salad... 0/5 (0 Votes)