Meatball Sandwich Casserole
This super easy meatball sandwich casserole comes together in under 45 minutes and will feed an army! The recipe easily multiplies for crowds.
- 1 pound or about 32 frozen meatballs, such as Mama Lucia brand or Costco
- 1 (28-ounce) jar marinara sauce or spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Italian blend cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 loaf Italian bread, sliced
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from EverydayCheapskate.com
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Place entire bag of meatballs in sauce pan with sauce (feel free to add garlic, onion powder, salt and pepper to taste) and cook over medium heat until warmed through, about 10 minutes. Stir as needed to keep meatballs from sticking to pot. Remove from heat.
Place meatballs in the center of a 9×13-inch baking dish, layer mozzarella and Italian blend cheeses over meatballs topping off with the Parmesan.
Take the slices of Italian bread and line the pan all the way around with them so that they are kind of keeping the meatballs toward the center of the pan. The bread slices will be partly standing up around the sides of the pan. Get creative with the bread. You can lightly spread garlic butter on the bread prior to placing it in the pan if you prefer or even brush lightly with olive oil and garlic. The choice is yours. Even if you leave the bread plain, it will turn out delicious!
Place pan in oven and bake for approximately 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from oven, cut into serving size portions. Enjoy!
Recipe multiplies easily.
You'll also love
- Sausage, Bean, & Spinach Dip 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Lemon Cream Pie Martini 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Sausage and Vegetable Deep-Dish... 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Puerto Rican Carne Molida - Ground... 4.1/5 (21 Votes)
- Avocado Mango Salsa 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Buffalo Beef 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Tyler Florence's Ultimate Ribs 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Sweet-and-Sour Pork 4.4/5 (8 Votes)