Hatch Chicken Pot Pie
For those who love the New Mexico Hatch chile, this is a twist on a family favorite.
- 2 chicken breasts (or 5 tenders)
- 1 10oz. can of cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 cup of chicken broth
- 1/4 cup of sour cream
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese (or a Mexican cheese blend)
- 1/2 cup Hatch chiles (fresh roasted is best, but canned will work; can be mild, hot, or a combination)
- 1/2 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp of coarse ground black pepper
- 1 ready-to-bake pie crust (for 9-inch pan)
Follow instructions on the box for the pie crust, letting it reach room temperature.
If using fresh Hatch chiles, prep them first by roasting and skinning, then de-seed and chop. Or if they're in season and you live in the right area, you may be able to get them fresh-roasted at your local grocer. If you can't get Hatch chiles, poblano peppers are a good substitute with their deep, mellow heat.
Boil and shred the chicken then combine all other ingredients in a pot and bring to a slow boil.
Pour mixture into individual baking dishes or a ramekin. Top with pie crust and trim excess dough.
Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees F for 12-18 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
You'll also love
- Sweet Pepper-Stuffed Chicken... 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Chicken with Couscous 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Chicken and Broccoli Crepes 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Chicken & Dressing - Instant Pot 3.9/5 (75 Votes)
- AHA Campbell's Santa Fe Chicken... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Mamaw's Chicken and Rice Casserole 3.8/5 (66 Votes)
- Hot Chicken Salad 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Chipotle Cashew Chicken 4.3/5 (6 Votes)