Blueberry, Beet, and Basil Summer Salad
- 4 cups halved small yellow beets (about 8)
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup arugula
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1 medium fennel bulb, trimmed, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onon, sliced
- 1 6 ounce carton plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from BHG.co
Cook beets in lightly salted boiling water for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool. Slip skins from beets. Slice or cut into wedges.
Finely shred the peel of the lemon. Juice the lemon. Set aside.
In a large bowl combine with blueberries, arugula, half of the basil leaves, torn, and the reserved lemon juice. Add fennel, onion, and remaining basil leaves. Toss gently to combine.
In a small bowl combine the yogurt, honey, parsley, crushed red pepper, and reserved lemon peel. Whisk in olive oil. Toss dressing with beet mixture.
Per serving: 129 kcal cal., 3 g fat (0 g sat. fat, 0 g polyunsaturated fat, 2 g monounsatured fat), 1 mg chol., 104 mg sodium, 23 g carb., 5 g fiber, 14 g sugar, 6 g pro.
You'll also love
- Beer and Watermelon Cocktail 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Quick Bowtie Pasta with Tomato and... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Korean Pulled Pork Sandwiches with... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Pork Chops stuffed with Gouda &... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cranberry Nut Bread 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Granny’s Blackberry Cobbler 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Beet & Apple Salad 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Beet, Pumpkin Seed & Feta Salad 4.4/5 (5 Votes)