Blueberry-Greek Yogurt Scones
- Blueberry-Greek Yogurt Scones
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 5 tablespoon unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup blueberry-flavored Greek yogurt (I used Chobani Blueberry Blended Yogurt)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Coarse sugar for dusting (optional)
*Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or a nonstick silicone baking sheet. Set aside.
*In a bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Stir to combine. Cut in butter with a fork or pastry blender until the mixture forms a coarse meal. Add in the yogurt, milk and blueberries. Stir until mixture just holds together. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and form into a rectangle about 1/2 inch thick. Cut into six to eight square scones. Transfer to the baking sheet. Sprinkle with the coarse sugar. Bake for 15 minutes, or until lightly golden brown around the edges.