Granny’s Blackberry Cobbler
- 1/2 c. butter
- 4 c. blackberries
- 3 c. sugar, divided
- 1/2 c. water
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 c. self-rising flour
- 2 c. milk
- cinnamon to taste
Adapted from gooseberrypatch.com
Place butter in a 13"x9" baking pan; melt in a 350-degree oven. Spread to coat pan and set aside.
Combine berries, one cup sugar, water and lemon juice in a saucepan. Amount of sugar and lemon juice may be adjusted depending on how tart or sweet the berries are. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix remaining sugar, flour and milk; whisk until smooth. As soon as berries come to a boil, pour them over the melted butter in the pan. Pour batter mixture over berries; do not stir. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
Bake at 350 degrees until golden, about 35 to 45 minutes.
Makes 10 to 12 servings.
You'll also love
- Golden Macaroni & Cheese 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Black Bean-Mushroom... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Kiwi shrimp salad 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Auntie Ime's Banana panikeke... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Strawberry Orange Trifle 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
- Berry Crisp Spiral Ham 4.1/5 (17 Votes)
- Blackberry dumplings 4/5 (7 Votes)
- Blackberry Cobbler Drizzled with... 0/5 (0 Votes)