Swirly Dogs from your Bread Machine
Think 'corn dogs meet pigs in blanket' with this recipe that wraps hot dogs in a bread dough with cornbread mix. Perfect for a hearty appetizer, quick dinner or lunch. Kids love em!
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 box Jiffy Cornbread Mix
- 1 1/4 cup unbleached flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon bread-machine yeast
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 package hot dogs
Preparation time 150mins
Cooking time 162mins
Adapted from salad-in-a-jar.com
Heat milk to lukewarm. Add to bread-machine pan along with remaining ingredients in order listed.
Set on dough cycle. Check dough after 5-10 minutes to make sure it sticks to the sides, then pulls away. If very sticky, add flour 1 tablespoon at a time. If too dry and thumping against the side of the pan, add a teaspoon of milk or water until dough sticks, then pulls away.
When dough cycle completes, remove dough to floured surface. Roll into 15 x 8-inch rectangle.
Cut into 15 strips (about ¾-1 inch wide) the short way. Roll one strip around each hot dog. Lay onto greased cookie sheet or silicone mat with ends tucked under.
Cover swirly dogs and set in warm place to rise about 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Combine egg and water for glaze. Lightly brush glaze on each do taking care not to use so much glaze that it drips on to the cookie sheet as it will burn.
Bake 12 minutes until golden.
You'll also love
- Grilled Mahi Mahi With... 4.3/5 (27 Votes)
- Chocolate Cake with Divinity Icing 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Rice Cooker Banana Bread 3.8/5 (114 Votes)
- Chicken & Spinach Pasta Bake 4.2/5 (26 Votes)
- White Chicken Lasagna Roll Ups 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Maple, Bacon & Pecan Sticky Buns 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Healthy Curried Chicken Salad... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Hot Buffalo Chicken Meatball... 3.8/5 (4 Votes)