Spaghetti Squash Caprese Bake
You can make pretty much any dish “Caprese” and I'll eat it! This winning combination of Spaghetti Squash, tomatoes, basil, spinach and mozzarella is awesome. Pair with whatever wine you like best and enjoy!
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 Roma tomatoes
- 1 small handful fresh basil
- 1 large handful fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup + 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Salt & pepper to taste
Preheat your oven to 375 F.
Cook the spaghetti squash one of two ways:
1. Pierce squash several times with sharp knife (to avoid squash explosion). Bake on a cookie sheet for 1 hr 20 min at 375, flipping squash once halfway through.
2. Pierce squash several times with sharp knife (again, no spaghetti bombs). Heat in microwave on a plate for 10-12 minutes.
Once your squash is cooked, slice off the very end with the stem. Then, halve the squash lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds and gooey bits and throw those away. Scrape the remaining flesh of the squash with a fork to get out all of the wonderful spaghetti noodles. Place noodles in a large bowl and set aside.
Mince garlic. Cut tomatoes into bite-size pieces. Roughly cut basil and spinach leaves. Place all of these ingredients, along with the olive oil, into the large bowl with the spaghetti squash.
Mix well, then season with salt & pepper to taste. Then stir in 3/4 cup of shredded mozzarella.
Add this mixture to a pie dish or 1 quart-ish baking dish and spread the top smooth-ish.
Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of mozzarella over the top.
Bake at 375 for 30-40 minutes or until cheese on top is lightly browned.
Top with additional fresh basil, and serve
You'll also love
- Sausage, Green Beans and Potato... 4.2/5 (32 Votes)
- French-Style Pot-Roasted Pork Loin 3.9/5 (38 Votes)
- Meyer Lemon Coffee Cake with... 4.4/5 (25 Votes)
- Chicken & Bacon Pasta with Spinach... 4.1/5 (49 Votes)
- Spiced Pumpkin Mousse 4.3/5 (26 Votes)
- Spaghetti Squash with Meat Sauce 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Rustic Spaghetti Squash Medley 4.5/5 (10 Votes)