Rustic Spaghetti Squash Medley
This delicious vegetarian dish has less carbs and calories and is higher in nutrients then regular pasta. The mild nutty taste of squash combined with garlic, parsley, tomatoes and mushrooms create a delicious vegetarian meal. It can be served as a side with pork or chicken or as a main.
- 1 medium size spaghetti squash
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup organic parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp. organic GF paprika
- 2 organic tomatoes, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 lb. white button mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt or to taste
- Pinch of organic GF cayenne (optional)
- 1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from onlyglutenfreerecipes.com
To prepare squash, wash and pierce 4 times with a knife, place on the middle rack in the oven and bake at 375 F for 45 minutes. Then slightly cool, cut in half and remove the seeds. With a fork scoop out the spaghetti strands and set aside.
In a large non-stick saucepan, heat olive oil and add garlic. Cook on low heat until just fragrant, increase heat to medium and add parsley and paprika, cook for 2 minutes while stirring.
Add tomatoes, mushrooms, salt and cayenne and cook for 5 more minutes stirring occasionally.
Stir in squash and lemon juice until well combined.
You'll also love
- Bacon and Shrimp Fried Rice 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Turkey and Cornbread Stuffing with... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Banana Bread - from Marie... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Rhubarb Cobbler 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Maple Pumpkin Butter 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Baked Margarita Spaghetti Squash 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Chicken Enchilada Stuffed... 4.4/5 (12 Votes)