Gruyère Macaroni and Cheese
This recipe will take the mac n' cheese you're used to and make it "grown-up." Sharp Gruyère cheese and rosemary put it over the top!
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic, grated or minced fine
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded Gruyère cheese, about 8 ounces
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
Cook and drain macaroni as directed on package.
In 10-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Using whisk, stir in flour, salt and garlic. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until mixture smells nutty and is lightly golden, stirring constantly with whisk.
Add milk. Continue to beat with whisk, scraping bottom of skillet until mixture heats to boiling. Mixture will thicken. Remove from heat; add cheese and rosemary. Stir with whisk until smooth. Stir in drained macaroni.
Serve with additional rosemary if desired.
You'll also love
- Crescent Burgers 4.4/5 (62 Votes)
- Strawberry Shortcake Cake 4.4/5 (66 Votes)
- Cheesy Smoked Sausage & Potato... 4.1/5 (90 Votes)
- Pasta with Meat Sauce 4.5/5 (57 Votes)
- Enchilada Chicken Spaghetti Skillet 4.5/5 (58 Votes)
- Lemon-Shrimp Pasta 4.4/5 (58 Votes)
- Easy Chicken Tetrazzini 4.6/5 (46 Votes)
- Scallops 'n Pasta 4.5/5 (52 Votes)