Garlic Cream and Tomato Crostini
- 20 slices French bread (1/2 inch)
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup garlic-and-herb cream cheese spread (from 8-oz container)
- 4 medium green onions, chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 medium chopped fresh plum (Roma) tomatoes
Adapted from livebetteramerica.com
Set oven control to broil. On ungreased cookie sheet, place bread slices. Lightly brush each with oil. Broil with tops 4 to 6 inches from heat about 1 minute or until light golden brown.
In small bowl, mix cream cheese and green onions. Spread mixture on toasted bread slices. Broil about 1 minute longer or until cream cheese bubbles. Sprinkle thyme leaves and tomatoes over top.