Lettuce Wraps with Hoisin-Peanut Sauce
You'll love these Asian-inspired lettuce wraps with tofu in a tasty, tangy hoisin-peanut sauce. Enjoy!
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 4 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 (14 ounce) package extra-firm tofu, drained and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 6 thinly sliced green onions (about 2/3 cup), divided
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 3 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha (hot chile sauce, such as Huy Fong)
- 1 cup matchstick-cut cucumbers
- 1 cup matchstick-cut carrots
- 2 cups hot cooked sticky rice
- 8 Bibb lettuce leaves
Cooking time 35mins
To prepare sauce, heat a small saucepan over medium heat. Add canola oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add shallot, and sauté for 2 minutes. Add 1/3 cup water and next 3 ingredients (through red pepper), and stir with a whisk. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in lime juice.
To prepare filling, spread crumbled tofu in a single layer on several layers of paper towels; cover with additional paper towels. Let stand 20 minutes, pressing down occasionally.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sesame oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add 1/3 cup green onions; sauté 1 minute. Add tofu; sauté for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add 2 tablespoons cilantro, soy sauce, ginger, sugar, and Sriracha; sauté 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in cucumbers, carrots, and remaining green onions.
Spoon 1/4 cup rice into each lettuce leaf. Top with about 1/2 cup tofu mixture; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cilantro. Serve with sauce.
You'll also love
- Key Lime Pound Cake 4.2/5 (35 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pizzelles 3.9/5 (62 Votes)
- Baked Parmesan Zucchini 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Cheeseburger Quesadillas 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Avocado Egg Rolls with Creamy... 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Snickers™ Slab Pie 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- spicy shrimp with cauliflower mash... 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Rustic Tuscan-Style Sausage, White... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)