Chewy Coconut Cookies
Very easy to make and so worth it! Think soft and chewy, buttery, coconut sugar cookies.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , softened to room temperature
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg , room temperature
- 1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 teaspoons boiling water
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 28mins
Preheat the oven to 350°F degrees.
Line baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
In a large bowl beat the butter, sugars & honey together until light and fluffy. Add in the egg and vanilla and continue mixing.
In a separate medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat on low to low-medium speed until almost combined. Then beat in the boiling water and coconut.
Drop the cookie dough into small balls (slightly under a tablespoon) on your prepared cookie sheet 3 inches apart.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until the edges are just starting to brown and the tops are beginning to set.
Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for about 5 to 10 minutes, then continue cooling on a wire rack.
You'll also love
- Beer-Braised Brisket 4.5/5 (36 Votes)
- Caramelized Baked Chicken 4.5/5 (36 Votes)
- Classic New York Cheesecake 4.5/5 (36 Votes)
- Banana Pie Cookies 4.6/5 (28 Votes)
- Frosted Cherry Drop Cookies 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Easy Lemon Cookies 4.3/5 (48 Votes)
- Krispy Coconut Oatmeal Cookies 4.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Chewy Coconut Oatmeal Cookies 4.6/5 (20 Votes)