A great treat for the fall holidays, Pumpkin flavor with raisins and walnuts. Easy to make too!!
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups whole wheat or all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
1. In small skillet, heat butter and add walnuts. Stirring constantly, cook till browned. Remove and cool. Set aside.
2. Combine eggs, sugar, pumpkin, vanilla, spices and whisk together
3. In small bowl whisk, flour, baking powder and salt.
4. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture mixing well.
5. Add raisins and nut/butter to bowl and blend well.
6. Mixture will be sticky, so be sure to add flour to hands when working into logs.
7. Dividing dough into 2 parts. Form each part into a square shape log about 10 x 2 on parchment lined baking sheets.
8. Bake 30-40 minutes and remove. Do not turn oven off.
9. Cool about 15 minutes on wire cooling racks.
10. Cut on diagonal each loaf into about 16 slices.
11. Arrange slices on parchment paper again and return to oven for additional baking about 30 minutes or till crisp. Half way thru baking,
turn each slice over.
12. Remove and place to cool on wire cooling racks
Store in airtight containers
You'll also love
- Crash Potatoes - Two ways 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Southern Fried Cabbage 4.4/5 (35 Votes)
- APPLE SQUARES 4.4/5 (35 Votes)
- FRESH APPLE CAKE WITH BUTTER PECAN... 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Moist Zucchini Bread 4.4/5 (32 Votes)
- Pumpkin Spice Roll-out Sugar... 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (Diabetic) 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Nancy's Delicious Oatmeal Raisin... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)