Key Lime Torte with Pineapple-Ricotta Filling
Light and refreshing key lime torte featuring a pineapple ricotta filling is the perfect summer time dessert.
- Pillsbury® Baking Spray with Flour
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1/2 to 3/4 cups water
- 1 package Pillsbury® Moist Supreme® Key Lime Flavored Premium Cake Mix
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 cup Pillsbury® Creamy Supreme® Key Lime Flavored Frosting, divided
- Frozen whipped topping, thawed (optional)
- Fresh lime slices (optional)
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 150mins
Adapted from pillsburybaking.com
Heath oven to 350°F. Coat 2 (8-inch) round baking pans with baking spray with flour. Drain pineapple, reserving liquid. Add water to pineapple juice to measure a total of 1 cup.
Prepare cake mix according to package directions using pineapple juice mixture, oil and eggs. Divide evenly into prepared pans. Bake 34 to 38 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire rack to cool completely.
Beat ricotta cheese, frosting and reserved pineapple in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until blended.
Level cake layers by removing rounded tops with serrated knife. Split both each cake layer horizontally to create 4 thin layers. Place 1 layer on serving plate. Spread with 1/4 of filling mixture to within 1/4-inch of edge. Repeat layers three times, ending with filling mixture on top of cake. Chill until ready to serve. Garnish with whipped topping and lime slices, if desired.
You'll also love
- Magic Cookie Bars (Hello Dollies) 4.4/5 (31 Votes)
- Baked Cheesy Zucchini Bites 4.2/5 (33 Votes)
- Easy Grilled Pork Chops 4.2/5 (35 Votes)
- Crab & Asparagus-Stuffed Tilapia 4.2/5 (39 Votes)
- Pineapple Chocolate Chip Cookies 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Gingerbread Waffles with a... 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Avocado Lime Salmon 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- pizza with lemon slices and smoked... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)