Chewy Raspberry Almond Bars
Simple and delicious - these raspberry bars with almonds are the perfect snack to give you a boost or stave off hunger pangs.
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1/2 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cold butter or margarine
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup seedless red raspberry jam
- 1 cup fresh raspberries (6-ounces)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 120mins
Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 9-inch square pan with baking spray with flour.
In large bowl, mix oats, flour, brown sugar and salt. Cut in butter, using pastry blender (or pulling 2 table knives through mixture in opposite directions), until mixture looks like coarse crumbs. Reserve 1 cup mixture for topping.
To remaining mixture, stir in egg until just moistened.
Press dough firmly and evenly into bottom of pan, using fingers or bottom of measuring cup. Spread with jam. Arrange raspberries over jam. Stir almonds into reserved crumb mixture; sprinkle evenly over raspberries.
Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until top is golden. Cool completely on cooling rack. Cut into 4 rows by 4 rows.
For Chewy Blueberry Almond Bars, substitute fresh blueberries for the raspberries.
If you don't have baking spray with flour, grease the pan with cooking spray and dust lightly with flour.
1 Serving (1 Bar)Calories 260(Calories from Fat 100),Total Fat 11g(Saturated Fat 6g,Trans Fat 0g),Cholesterol 35mg;Sodium 150mg;Total Carbohydrate 36g(Dietary Fiber 2g,Sugars 18g),Protein 3g;Percent Daily Value*:Exchanges:2 Starch;0 Fruit;1/2 Other Carbohydrate;0 Skim Milk;0 Low-Fat Milk;0 Milk;0 Vegetable;0 Very Lean Meat;0 Lean Meat;0 High-Fat Meat;1 1/2 Fat;Carbohydrate Choices:2 1/2;*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
You'll also love
- Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff 4.5/5 (63 Votes)
- Strawberry Angel Food Trifle 4.5/5 (63 Votes)
- Liquid Marijuana Drink 4.2/5 (103 Votes)
- Spicy Shrimp with Lime and Cilantro 4.5/5 (63 Votes)
- Blueberry Sour Cream Drop Biscuits 4.5/5 (63 Votes)
- Raspberry Oatmeal Squares 4.5/5 (66 Votes)
- Award Winning Maryland Cream of... 4.1/5 (97 Votes)
- German Chocolate Cupcakes with... 4.4/5 (66 Votes)