S'Mores Rice Krispie Treats
The best of both worlds are brought together, with Rice Krispie Treats and Hershey's Milk Chocolate and Graham Crackers. The marriage is complete with plenty of melted marshmallow. I found this recipe on "Greens and Chocolate" blog who adapted it from "Glorious Treats". These are super easy to make, involves no baking, and will disappear fast.
- 7 to 8 cups mini-marshmallows*
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 5 cups rice krispies
- 2 1/2 cups (about one sleeve) roughly crushed graham crackers (not finely crushed), divided
- 4 cups milk chocolate** chips, divided
- If you like extra-gooey treats, add 7 cups of marshmallows
- Use semi-sweet chocolate chips, if you prefer
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 17mins
Adapted from foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com
Line 9x13-inch baking pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
Make a foil "sling" in a 9x13-inch baking dish, and spray with non-stick spray.
Coarsely chop the graham crackers (not too finely), set aside.
Measure 2-1/2 cups of milk chocolate chips, set aside.
Measure 1-1/2 cups milk chocolate chips, set aside.
Measure 5 cups of Rice Krispie cereal into a very large bowl.
In large bowl, melt marshmallows and butter in microwave. Do this by heating for 1 minute and 30 seconds, then stir it and cook another 30 seconds, until it is all melted and smooth.
Pour the melted marshmallow mixture into the rice krispies and 1 1/2 cups of roughly crushed graham crackers. Then stir in 1 cup of chocolate chips.
Spread evenly into prepared baking dish. Butter your hands, and press the mixture evenly into the pan.
Let cool for at least 15 minutes, ideally 30 minutes.
In a medium bowl, melt the 2 cups f chocolate chips in microwave for about 1 minute, until smooth and melted. Stir vigorously, and microwave in 15 second intervals until it's completely smooth and melted. Spread evenly over rice krispies; spread with an off-set spatula.
Sprinkle with remaining graham crackers and press lightly, with a flat spatula for easy, into the chocolate so they stick.
Chill another 15 to 30 minutes, then enjoy!
You'll also love
- Texas Roadhouse Copycat Green Beans 3.8/5 (304 Votes)
- Bang Bang Shrimp 4.4/5 (63 Votes)
- Lemon Cream Cake 4.5/5 (60 Votes)
- Caramel Popcorn 4.4/5 (69 Votes)
- White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut... 4.5/5 (62 Votes)
- Rice Krispies, Fruity Pebbles, or... 4/5 (119 Votes)
- Crockpot Candy 4.3/5 (68 Votes)
- Sunshine "Lemon Bars" 4.6/5 (49 Votes)