Tuna Salad with Mango
Tuna pairs well with tropical produce, such as avocado, pineapple and mango. We love to use mango because of how sweet and juicy it is and how well it complements with tuna in extra virgin olive oil from Isabel. Aside from the mango and tuna, this dish also comes with rice and a fresh lettuce base. Not only is it quick and easy to make, but it also has a great colorful appearance.
- 1 can of solid light Isabel Tuna in extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup of cooked basmati rice
- 1/2 of a mango
- 1 heart of lettuce
- olive oil and salt
Preparation time 30mins
Adapted from isabeltuna.com
As mentioned before, this is a quick and easy recipe to make, however, since rice is involved, it adds a couple more minutes into the mix. The first step is to cook the rice and let it cool. It is up to the individual to decide if they want to use basmati rice or another type of rice.
While the rice cools off, take the mango to wash, peel and cut it. Since a mango’s pulp is soft, tender and juicy, it’s recommended to use a sharpened knife.
Then, place the lettuce in a small bowl so that they form a crown shape. Once the rice has cooled off, add it to the middle of the crown, and top it off with the mango. Lastly, add the Isabel Tuna. The salad is now ready to be enjoyed.
You'll also love
- Zucchini Pasta 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Pork & Pinto Stew 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Peach, Rhubarb and Ginger Crisp 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Apricot Bread Pudding 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Mussels in Red Sauce 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Shrimp Scampi Ravioli with Lemon... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Sizzling Flounder 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Baked Salmon with Honey Mustard... 4.7/5 (16 Votes)