Mussels in Red Sauce
Fresh Mussels in rich red sauce with pasta and tomatoes
- 1 bag FRESH mussels...DO NOT USE FROZEN
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 9 cloves of fresh chopped garlic
- 1 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup marsala wine
- 1 cup red pasta sauce...meatless John's pizzaria in Munster Indiana has the best pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup Kraft grated parmesean in the can
- 1 cup grape tomatoes cut in half
- 3/4 package of Barillas Linguini rigite pasta cooked
- 1 t black pepper
Preparation time 35mins
Cooking time 40mins
De beard the mussels...mussles have a small hairy beard by the inner seam of the mussel rinse and pull away the beard do not cook any cracked or opened mussels they are bad so discard them
Cook the pasta, while the pasta cooks prepare the mussels in the sauce.
In a large stock pot add olive oil, half of the chopped garlic and marsala wine, bring to a boil reduce simmer 4 minutes without burning.
Add pasta sauce, parsley, pepper and the rest of the garlic
Cover turn on high after 4 minutes remove cover check when mussels open they are done...do not over cook or you will lose the sweetness of the mussels
When the mussels have opened add the tomaotes that have been cut in half and the parmesean cheese.
barely drain pasta and add to the pot stir will and serve