Spicy Oven Cornmeal-Fried Chicken
- 2 1/4 pounds bone-in chicken breast halves, thighs or drumsticks
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespooon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/3 cup whole-wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons yellow cornmeal, preferably stone-ground
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Remove skin from chicken. Trim fat. Cut breasts in half.
Whisk buttermilk, mustard, garlic, hot sauce, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in large bowl. Place chicken in large resealable plastic bag; pour in buttermilk mixture. Refrigerate 2 to 8 hours.
Heat oven to 425 degrees. Line large rimmed baking sheet with foil. Place wire rack over foil; spray with cooking spray.
Whisk flour, cornmeal, paprika, baking powder, pepper, and remaining salt in a shallow dish. Remove chicken from buttermilk mixture, gently shaking off excess. Coat in flour mixture; place on rack. Spray chicken with olive oil cooking spray.
Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until chicken is golden brown and no longer pink in the center.
You'll also love
- Cornmeal and Ricotta Waffles 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Crockpot Chicken Tacos 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Starbucks Oatcakes 3.8/5 (16 Votes)
- Creamy Farmhouse Chicken and... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Teena's Spicy Pesto Chicken and... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Creamy Crescent Chicken Rolls 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Firecracker Chicken Thighs 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Creamy Baked Buffalo Dip with... 4/5 (1 Votes)