Creamy Farmhouse Chicken and Garden Soup
- Hands-On Time: 15 minutes
- Ready In: 3 to 4 hours
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1/2 package (16 ounces) frozen pepper stir-fry vegetable mix
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 bone-in chicken thighs, skinned
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 can (14 ounces) fat-free chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 ounces uncooked egg noodles
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
Adapted from family.go.com
Coat 4 1/2-quart CROCK-POT® slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Place stir-fry vegetables, corn and zucchini in bottom. Add chicken, garlic, broth and thyme. Cover; cook on HIGH 3 to 4 hours or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Remove chicken and set aside to cool slightly.
Add noodles to CROCK-POT® slow cooker. Cover; cook 20 minutes longer, or until noodles are done.
Meanwhile, debone and chop chicken. Return to CROCK-POT® slow cooker. Stir in remaining ingredients. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
To skin chicken easily, grasp skin with paper towel and pull away. Repeat with fresh paper towel for each piece of chicken, discarding skins and towels.
You'll also love
- Penne with Chicken and Gorgonzola... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Teena's Spicy Pesto Chicken and... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Creamy Crescent Chicken Rolls 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Firecracker Chicken Thighs 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Coca-Cola Fried Chicken 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Chicken Rice & Gravy 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Ramsey's Pub Soup 3.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Donna Giblin's Artichoke Chicken 3.5/5 (13 Votes)