Bacon Wrapped Stuff Chicken with Spinach and Goat Cheese
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 oz. fresh goat cheese
- 2 c. baby spinach leaves
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (optional)
- 4 slices center cut bacon
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
Adapted from wearychef.com
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cover baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
With a meat mallet or heavy-bottomed glass, pound chicken breasts between two sheets of plastic wrap to about ½" thick. If your chicken pieces are very thick, you may want to butterfly them into thinner pieces instead.
Spread about 2 tbsp. goat cheese over the flattened chicken breast. Place a layer of baby spinach leaves over the goat cheese, and sprinkle with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Sprinkle minced garlic over the spinach if desired.
Roll the chicken tightly. Poke a toothpick through the seam to keep the chicken rolled. (Don't forget to remove the toothpick before serving!)
Place chicken roll ups seam-side down the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the surface, then lay bacon over the top.
Bake at 375 degrees for 35-45 minutes, until center reaches 165 degrees F. (A probe thermometer is strongly recommended for this recipe to make sure the chicken is cooked through.)
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (884 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (884 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (740 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (706 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (674 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (496 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Mushrooms &... 4.5/5 (389 Votes)
- Bacon Cheddar Potato Cakes 4.5/5 (273 Votes)