Asparagus, smoked salmon & Chevre Pasta
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 c whipping cream
- 6 oz fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 tsp grated lemon rind
- 4 c penne pasta
- 4 oz smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- 1/4 c freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Snap ends from asparagus. Bring a 10" saute pan of salted water to a boil Cook asparagus in the pan for approx 4 minutes or until just tender. Drain and plunge the spears into cold water to stop the cooking. When it is completely cooled, drain the asparagus on paper towels and set aside.Heat a large saute pan over medium high heat. Add the butter and when bubbly add the garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Stand back as you add the pepper. Add whipping cream and bring to a boil. Add the goat cheese and grated lemon rind and stir until completely smooth.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the penne and cook until al dente. Drain the pasta and place it in a large serving bowl.
Add half the asparagus spears and half the smoked salmon to the pasta and toss with the sauce. Garnish with the remaining asparagus spears and smoked salmon. Sprinkle with a little Parmesan cheese and serve.
You'll also love
- Lemongrass-Honey Glaze 0/5 (0 Votes)
- CastIron Apple Cobbler 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Salmon Cakes with Old Bay Aioli 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach & Ricotta-Stuffed Pork... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Noodles and Pot cheese 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Cake 1/5 (1 Votes)
- Canadian Noodles 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Legal Sea foods light clam chowder 0/5 (0 Votes)