Lobster Mushroom Stirabout With Noodles
- 1/2 pound fresh lobster mushrooms
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove finely chopped
- 1 large red onion finely sliced
- 1 piece fresh gingerroot - (abt 1") peeled
- 1 large broccoli head broken into florets
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 1 medium red pepper diced
- 1 medium green pepper diced
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 box spinach fettuccine - (12 oz) (or other pasta)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 4 tablespoons grated smoky cheese
Wipe the mushrooms clean with a damp cloth and chop them coarsely. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan or wok. Add the garlic, onion, and gingerroot, and fry over high heat for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the broccoli and fry for another 5 minutes. Then stir in the celery, peppers, mushrooms, and seasonings.
The rest of the cooking time depends on how crunchy you like your vegetables, but lengthy frying spoils the appearance of the dish. In all, 15 to 20 minutes should be enough. While the vegetables are frying, cook the pasta.
To serve, make a bed of noodles on each person's plate, pour the sauce over them, and sprinkle with the parsley and cheese.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Enoki-Stuffed Zucchini 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Straw Mushrooms With Beef 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ling Cod With Matsutakes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chinese Crab Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fettuccine With Morels, Asparagus,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smoked Clams 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cornish Game Hens, With Orzo... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Broken Noodles 0/5 (0 Votes)