Fettuccine With Morels, Asparagus, And Goat Cheese
- 1/2 cups minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 pound fresh morels rinsed, patted dry, trimmed, and quartered
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 6 ounces mild goat cheese (like Montrachet)
- 1/4 pound asparagus washed, trimmed, and cut into 1/2" pieces
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 3/4 pound fettuccine prepared according
- to package instructions
Use a heavy skillet to melt the butter and cook the shallot, stirring until softened. Add the wine and simmer until the wine is reduced by about half.
Add the broth and the morel mushrooms. Simmer for about ten minutes, covered, or until the mushrooms are tender.
Add the cream and the goat cheese and continue to cook over low heat, stirring, until the cheese melts. Stir in the asparagus, chives, and the salt and pepper to taste.
Keep the sauce warm while you cook the pasta. When the pasta is done cooking, drain it well and toss with the morel sauce.
This recipe yields ?? servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Buffalo Ranch Alfredo Pasta 4.5/5 (687 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ravioli Casserole 4.5/5 (475 Votes)
- Fettuccine Alfredo with Pancetta 4.4/5 (97 Votes)