Fettuccine With Morels, Asparagus, And Goat Cheese
- 1/2 cups minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 pound fresh morels rinsed, patted dry, trimmed, and quartered
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 6 ounces mild goat cheese (like Montrachet)
- 1/4 pound asparagus washed, trimmed, and cut into 1/2" pieces
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 3/4 pound fettuccine prepared according
- to package instructions
Use a heavy skillet to melt the butter and cook the shallot, stirring until softened. Add the wine and simmer until the wine is reduced by about half.
Add the broth and the morel mushrooms. Simmer for about ten minutes, covered, or until the mushrooms are tender.
Add the cream and the goat cheese and continue to cook over low heat, stirring, until the cheese melts. Stir in the asparagus, chives, and the salt and pepper to taste.
Keep the sauce warm while you cook the pasta. When the pasta is done cooking, drain it well and toss with the morel sauce.
This recipe yields ?? servings.
You'll also love
- Crispy Cajun Shrimp Fettuccine 4.5/5 (75 Votes)
- Roasted Garlic Fettuccine Alfredo 4/5 (88 Votes)
- Mushroom Velouté Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mushroom Piroshki Variation 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fried Squirrel With Onion Gravy 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Wild Turkey Breast With Tons Of... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cornish Game Hens, With Orzo... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Macaroni Grill's Balsamic... 0/5 (0 Votes)