Creamy Enoki Mushroom Soup
- 2 tablespoons finely-chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon butter or margarine
- 1 dash thyme
- 1/2 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 can chicken broth - (13 3/4 oz)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 package enoki mushrooms - (3.5 oz)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
Saute onion in butter in large saucepan until clear and lightly browned. Add thyme, bay leaf, salt, wine and paprika, plus all except for 1/4 cup chicken broth. Simmer covered for 15 minutes. Remove bay leaf.
Combine flour and remaining 1/4 cup chicken broth. Pour into sauce pan, stirring until thickened. Add enoki mushrooms; simmer 1 minute, then stir in milk and sherry. Heat to serving temperature, but do not boil. Garnish with chopped parsley.
This recipe yields ?? servings.
You'll also love
- Crabmeat-Stuffed Mushrooms 0/5 (0 Votes)