Kale and Potato Pancake
- 1 Pound kale, trimmed, stems removed
- 1 bacon slice
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound russet potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/2 Tsp minced fresh rosemary
- salt and pepper
- 3 Tsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp grated Parmesan
Cook kale in large pot of boiling salted water until tender, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes. Drain and cool slightly. Squeeze liquid from kale and finely chop.
Cook bacon in a heavy non-stick pan until crisp. Remove and drain on a paper towel. Add onion to drippings in skillet and saute until golden, about 5 min. Remove from heat and crumble bacon.
Grate potatoes, food processor recommended. Chop grated potatoes, again processor fitted with steel blade recommended. Transfer potatoes to a large bowl and stir in kale, bacon, onion, egg yolks, and rosemary. Season with salt and pepper. Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites until stiff but not dry. Fold into potato mixture.
Heat 1 1/2 Tsp olive oil in a heavy non-stick skillet over medium heat. Spoon in potato mixture and smooth the top. Cook until brown on bottom and almost set, about 10 min. Slide pancake out onto a plate. Add remaining oil into skillet and heat. Turn Pancake over into the skillet and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cook until second side is brown and pancake is set, about 10 min.
You'll also love
- Strawberry (or any Berry Really)... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Easy Cabbage Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Unstuffed Cabbage 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Creamy Spinach Sausage Pasta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach and Strawberry Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Perfect Mashed Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Kale with Apples 0/5 (0 Votes)
- HG's Southwest Chicken Kale Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)