Cider-Braised Chicken with apples and sweet potatoes
19 pp for 6 servings
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 10-12 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3-4 shallots sliced
- garlic to taste
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped in 1 1/2 inch chunks
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and chopped (1 1/2 inch chunks)
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp. salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh sage leaves
Pre-heat the pressure cooker using the BROWN setting.
Add the oil and brown the chicken pieces in batches, seasoning with salt and pepper. Remove the browned chicken to a plate and set aside.
Add the shallot and garlic to the cooker and cook until tender. Add the sweet potatoes and apples and stir to coat with the oil. Add the thyme sprigs, bay leaf, apple cider, chicken stock, apple cider vinegar and cinnamon stick. Return the chicken to the pressure cooker and lock the lid in place.
Pressure cook on HIGH for 8 mins.
Reduce the pressure with the QUICK-RELEASE method and carefully remove the lid.
Remove and discard the thyme sprigs and bay leaf. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and garnish with the fresh herbs.
You'll also love
- Baked Salmon with Creole Mustard... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp Oreganata 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Winterthur's Clear Mushroom Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Deluxe Potato Soup (Pampered Chef) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rhubarb-Blueberry Jam - Annette 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pineapple Oatmeal Muffins 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Redskin Potatoes with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Al's Mom's Sweet Potato Poon 0/5 (0 Votes)