- 4 cups thinly sliced potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated cheese, to sprinkle on top
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 75mins
1 In a small sauce pan, melt butter and blend in flour.
2 Let sit for a minute.
3 Add all of cold milk, stirring with a whisk.
4 Season with salt and cayenne.
5 Cook sauce on low until smooth and boiling, stirring occasionally with a whisk.
6 Reduce heat and stir in cheese.
7 Place a half of the sliced potatoes in a lightly greased one quart casserole dish.
8 Pour half of cheese sauce over potatoes.
9 Repeat with second layer of potatoes and cheese sauce.
10 Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
11 Top with some paprika for color.
12 Bake uncovered for about 1 hour at 350°F.
You'll also love
- Thai Beef and Noodle Stir Fry 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Smoked Ham, Leek and Gruyere Quiche 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- "Better than Potatoes" Cheesy... 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Crab Cakes 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Seafood Crêpes 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Stuffed Shrimp Appetizers 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Coriander Scallops 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- SUGAR-FREE ESCALLOPED APPLES 4.3/5 (3 Votes)