Pancetta and fennel Potato salad (low FODMAP)
This twist on potato salad is a delicious alternative to the traditional version, with an oil based dressing, it’s a light and good for your gut substitute.
- 1.5 lbs. mini potatoes (I used a bag of assorted coloured minis to add some colour to the salad)
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced fennel bulb
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 600 g sliced pancetta,cut into 1/4-inch pieces (or try using bacon or ham)
- 1 tbsp cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp garlic infused olive oil
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley
Adapted from stephanieclairmont.com
1.Chop mini potatoes into quarters. Fill a large pot with water and about ½ tsp Of salt. Add potatoes and bring to a boil. Boil until potatoes are almost tender-slightly undercooked is best for potato salad (about 20-25 minutes). Drain the potatoes and spread out on a cookie sheet to cool.
2. In a small pan, heat 1 tsp of olive oil over medium heat. When oil is warm add sliced fennel and red peppers, sautée until tender (about 5 minutes). When fennel and peppers begins to soften, add pancetta. Cook for around 2 minutes or until pancetta is lightly brown and crisp.
3. Whisk vinegar, olive oil, mustard, salt and pepper together in a small bowl.
4. Transfer potatoes to a large bowl. Add in the pancetta, fennel and red peppers.
5. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and gently toss until thoroughly coated.
6. Garnish with chopped parsley.
7. Chill until ready to serve.
Note from the Kitchen: We ate this salad cold but thought it would also be lovely served immediately, still warm, as a side dish. If you serve it cold you can prepare this salad the night before, allowing it to sit overnight helps the flavours deepen.
You'll also love
- Apple Peach Compote 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Grilled Spiced Okra 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Powered Up Potato Salad 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Slow-Roasted Salmon with Fennel,... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Smoked Salmon and Fennel 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- BITTERSWEET SQUASH WITH PANCETTA... 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Beef Chili with Pancetta, Ancho... 4/5 (11 Votes)